[thelist] Looking for simple way to get JS statistics from my visitors.

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Fri May 20 12:20:19 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 15:20 -0700, barophobia wrote:
> I'm trying to find out what percentage of my users browse with JS
> enabled or disabled.

Forget it. The closest you'll be able to come, is the number of hits
from browsers with Javascript enabled versus disabled. This isn't
anywhere near the same as the number of users.

Your idea would work to get a hit count, but do there are two traps you
need to be very careful not to fall into:

     1. That hit count can be equated to number of users, or even
        correlated to number of users (it can't).
     2. That it's acceptable practice to ignore Javascript disabled
        browsers (it's not).

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>