[thelist] pixel perfect requirements and web standards

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Jun 6 10:23:56 CDT 2005

Speaking from experience, it's not all that hard to make a tabled layout
work on almost all browsers.  Especially when you use a WYSIWYG editor that
chops the images into thousands of little spacers automatically.  :-)

> , and those
> CSS-based sites that did not work so well "broke" because the
> developers did not spend sufficient time and energy making sure
> they would work properly.

That's the point, basically.  For small projects, it's hardly worth the
effort and fight if the money's simply not there.  :-)

> Both table-based and CSS-based sites can work great in
> various browsers if the developers take care to make sure they
> will.

Absolutely.

> So if you are
> comparing *well-done* table-based vs. *well-done* CSS-based
> sites, the main difference would be in the advantages you get
> from using CSS, i.e. speed, SEO, etc.

Agreed, 100%.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/