[thelist] [OT?] getting ssi to work on iis

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Mon Jun 6 21:02:26 CDT 2005

the fact that you say the navigation doesn't work, leads me to suspect that you are using if statements which AFAIK are part of XSSI (i.e. the Apache extensions to SSI). ISS only supports the basics of SSI and not XSSI.

cheers

--
Dr Stuart Young,       	+64 (0)9-815 4321 x 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz> 	+64 021 183 2846 (mob)

>>> warren0728 at mac.com 06/06/2005 05:56:49 >>>
This might be off topic but i can't think of a better group of
professionals to ask!

How can i get ssi to work using Windows 2003 and IIS. After
delivering a website that uses server-side includes for the
navigation to a client (that worked fine on my linux server), i get
an email from said client that the menu system doesn't work (they get
some sort of error message...not sure what the error is)

In WebService Extentions, Server Side Includes is enabled.

What else needs to be done to enable server-side includes?

thanks in advance,
ww

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/