[thelist] OT - What is the average living rate abroad ?

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 07:32:38 CDT 2005

> You never get used to our sense of humour, you just learn to put up with
> them.

So I'll never fully understand Dilbert. That's a pity :)

> Personally, I like to have my own flat and would consider a
> room or a studio unacceptable, so it is a matter of personal preference

I'd prefer to rent a flat as well.

> The job market for developers is pretty strong at the moment, all of the
> have-a-go web designers of the dot com bubble have gone back to whatever
> it was they did before the decided to (and failed to) become internet
> millionaires, so there seems to be a demand for people with real skills

Not to boast, or speak with say excessive pride but I consider myself
"skilled". I don't have tens of years of experience. However, I love
what I do and this makes me able to boil what I have learned in a pot.
The important thing is to sell myself to others; which is,
unfortunately, easier in a native environment than abroad. Anyway I
like challanges.

Btw, I am from Turkey (the one that's knocking on the door continiously :) )
Imho, nationality should not be a concern -at least- for
technical/highly educated (graduate/postgraduate) people. But things
are not plain white as I see. Anyways I've triggered something and
will not stop till the end.

> >* Is there legal a policy that restricts employment from abroad?
> You may need to find an employer willing to take you on and
> "sponser" you.

This has to be the choice to follow. I am planning to contact to my
former british clients, and ask them whether they need someone who has
developed their CMS system for more than a year, or can they point me
to someone else etc. etc.

> <PersonalAnnoyance>
> </PersonalAnnoynce>

I totally agree, if it is a legal requirement, why stress that you are
conforming the legal requirements.

I'll look at the sites you've provided.

> Good luck!

Thank you.