[thelist] Overflow

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Jun 15 20:02:17 CDT 2005

Steve,

Check out iht.com.  They have one of the slickest implantations out there.
Example:

http://iht.com/articles/2005/06/15/news/china.php

At a rudimentary level, what they are doing is this:

The content starts in one div.  Using javascript they create duplicate divs
containing the same content as the first.  The original, plus the duplicated
divs, we will refer to as the content divs.  They arrange the content divs
on the page and set the overflow to hidden.  As the page is resized, they
thoughtfully change the top-padding on the various content divs to make it
look like the text is flowing from column to column.

Pretty slick.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/