[thelist] CSS-Only Forms That Don't Suck

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Jun 15 21:01:50 CDT 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeff Howden
> Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:05 PM

> http://dev.jeffhowden.com/css_forms/

Jeff,

I'm not sure what you are asking from us, but I do have some comments.  I'm
going to focus on the improvements since you already believe that this
"trounces anything currently available".

1.  The error messages have some padding issues in regards to the border and
the placement of the error icon.  This is aesthetic, but it could use
improving.

2.  Clicking on the label for a radio button group sets the checked radio
button to the first item.  This is counter intuitive.

3.  The information fields on the right are too far out when viewing the
form at full screen at 1600x1200.

4.  When the font sizes are big, the last option in the "Message Subject"
field shifts all funky.  This is on IE 6/PC.

5.  I'm not sure how you pulled this off, but the fonts won't resize in FF
using the ctrl+wheel.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/