[thelist] opposite of checked="checked"

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Tue Jun 21 14:01:38 CDT 2005

I have a form with a bunch of radio buttons among other form elements,
where, on page load, i want to basically re-set all the radio buttons to
NOTCHECKED.

I know, this sounds counter productive...  but bear with me.

Basically, i want the default value of everything to be <input
tyep="radio" checked="NOTCHECKED" />.

Obviously, that doesn't exist.  I need to fight cookies or browser
sessions as well.  If the user hits the back button, i want it empty again.

The hard part--  I'm trying to avoid using scripting.  this is going to
be served on a HIGHLY limited 3rd party, one-off application, but it
supports xml, html and css.  browser sessions are similar to IE.

I don't want to physcally force a reset of the entire form, as i don't
want to clear text boxes-- just radio elements.

can this be done?  Any ideas?