[thelist] opposite of checked="checked"

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Tue Jun 21 15:46:03 CDT 2005

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) wrote:
> 	Wow, that does suck.  He actually developed (or at least greatly
> altered) the web browser part?  What's the user agent string?  That may
> help.

Yeah, he basically made a mini IIS (well, PWS... this is old) backend
with an IE 2? ie3? front end, complied it into a stand-alone application
of some sort to fulfil the task of joining an incoming phone call to the
proper web application based on its DNIS (last 4 numbers).  There's a
whole VB administration panel for the thing to add a button to the
application, what script url to launch, and so on.  I'm guessing this
was made in 1991 or 1992.  probably for windows for work stations (pre
3.1/nt), or os/2 possibly, i'm not sure.  They've been using it pretty
much ever since.  I'm amazed that it never broke.

As for the UA, I can't get it.  there is no asp or php compliers of any
sort, there is no right-clicking to get into a properties menu of any
kind..  its on serious lock-down.  I'm sure there is one-- but i just
don't know how to grab it.

> 	As long as it supports the basic forms object model that
> browsers have used since Netscape 3 (maybe earlier), you can just
> iterate through document.formName.radioButtonName[i] and set each one's
> checked property to false.  This assumes that all buttons/checkboxes in
> a set have the same name, which you seem to have indicated in your reply
> to Volkan.

if(document.formName.radioButtonName[0]) { alert("true"); return true; }
else { alert("false"); return false; }
returns nothing.... not even "false" (yes, i changed the name :P )

The good news is that, it doesn't print the <script> tags out on the
page- so it CAN read them, it just doesn't appear to be processing them

> 	VBScript is no problem; we can help.  Besides, if you just need
> it for one function, I'm sure you'll survive.

i just made a quick vb function...

<script language="VBscript">
function viewReport_onClick
   dim valid
   valid = false
   for i = 0 to document.frmdefault.length - 1
     if (document.frmdefault(i).type = "radio") then
       if (document.frmdefault(i).checked) then
         valid = true
       end if
     end if
   next
   if (valid) then
     alert("TRUE!")
     document.frmdefault.submit
   else
     alert("failed...")
   end if
end function

and referenced it to:

<form id="frmdefault" name="frmdefault">
<input type="radio" name="test1" value="A">A
<input type="radio" name="test1" value="B">B
<input type="radio" name="test2" value="A">A
<input type="radio" name="test2" value="B">B
<input id="viewReport" type="button" value="TEST">
</form>

Now, the good news is that this returned the "failed...." alert box.
The bad news, is that, I'm 99.9% sure that the function should return
true, so long as I have at least 1 button selected, which i did.

So, this means that this app supports VB Script...  but it appears to
not understand the DOM?

More testing to insue...

> Keep us posted...

Trust me, i will.  ha!

If i can't figure this out relatively soon, I'm going to tell my boss
that this launcher is a POS and to buy a real one, or give me some time
to build one.