[thelist] Browser-based File Management Software

Theodore Serbinski stanson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:51:47 CDT 2005

On 6/21/05, Dan Leonard <dan at canopyroad.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a better file-management solution? Would a Perl-based
> solution be any better at handling large file uploads?

Hey Dan,

I've been using this Pear class
<http://pear.php.net/package/HTTP_Upload> very successfully for
uploading files. Currently 20mb files have uploaded no problem.

To counter the upload problem, I wrote a little javascript that
triggers after the user clicks "upload" by unhiding a layer that has a
little "uploading..." animation showing that browser is actually
uploading the file. Works great. Let me know if you need any help with
it!

ted