[thelist] How do I plan a dynamic site?

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 03:17:21 CDT 2005

Well there are different options,

I have the same problem and working on a mixture of XML, XSLT and DB
to solve it.

I store my not-so often changing data in XML, tramsform it via XSLT
and embed it to the page.

I store more dynamic content which need to be updated frequently in the DB.

I have header, footer, and body parts for the pages as usual.

imho, what you want will be depend on what sort of a content you are
going to manage:
Is is a bunch of images as a photo gallery, mp3 files to stream and listen to,
Do you want to make a blog-like system where everyone participates.
Do you want to publish user articles on the site.
Will you do version tracking like a wiki.
Will there be status for the pages like "blocked, "for registered
users", "deprecated"
Will only you as the admin be updating pages, or will there be
editors, publishers, authenticators
etc. etc. etc.

It will help if you could be more specific.

HTH,
Volkan.