[thelist] Using Firebird as an embedded database

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Jun 23 13:33:24 CDT 2005

Keith,

Unless you've tried MSDE and it failed, I'd suggest you give it a try.  It
can handle a HUGE number of simultaneous connections, much like its big
brother.  The bottleneck is introduced while doing simultaneous accesses to
the database.  However, it's not a strict limitation in that accesses above
and beyond the limit (10) are locked... it's a soft limitation in that
accesses above and beyond the limit are slowed down.  Depending on the speed
of the hardware, you may never even find this to be a problem.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/