[thelist] Server Administration

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Jun 23 15:48:45 CDT 2005

Matthew Lewis wrote:

> However, I find that my job is moving in the direction of eventually
> needing to administer a dedicated web server, probably the home of many
> individual domains.

The real issue here is what are you planning to do?  Is this going to be
an in-house server on your LAN with your T's?
Or, are you thinking about getting server space at a co-lo like
switchanddata.com?  or, are you considering renting a box from places
like theplanet, rackshack, etc?

I think depending on which method you are doing will yeild very
different answers.