[thelist] [OT] Job Posting - Contract - NH USA

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Thu Jun 23 22:18:04 CDT 2005

Hi list,

we are in increasingly urgent need of some development help and since
evolt.org is still on hiatus I thought I could get away with asking
around here:

Circus Media LLC (circusmedia.com) based in Portsmouth NH (1 hr. north
of Boston) is seeking experienced (3+ years) developers fluent in
PHP4/5 with experience in ecomm, online payment, content
management, graphics processing, various custom intranet applications,
etc. Must be comfortable working on Linux/BSD/OSX servers with CVS and
subversion as part of a team, following standards. Daily use of
mySQL4+; Oracle or any other RDBMS is a bonus. Client-side fu
(Javascript, CSS2+, DOM, WAP, "ajax") must be strong. Experience with
any of Java, C, .NET, Python, Ruby or even Perl would be a big plus.
SOAP / RDF / general XML stuff is very useful too, as is
Flash/Actionscript.

(we require occasional in-person meetings so _please_ disregard if you
cannot travel to the NE US every once in a while)

Send along your links/portfolio and a resume if you are so inclined.
There is lots of hourly contract work, and possible permanent position,
with generous compenstation for the right person.

thanks..

<tip type="auto_prepend_file in PHP">
if you are one of those folks who have a line like

  include('../../../app.init.php');

at the top of every PHP file on your site, you might like to hear about
the auto_prepend_file configuration directive - put it in php.ini, or
in httpd.conf <Directory> blocks, or even in a .htaccess file, with

  php_value auto_prepend_file /home/mydir/site/config/app.init.php

PHP will automatically require() this file for you before script
execution. Between this and PHP5's new autoloader
[http://us2.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.autoload.php] you may never
have to use a clunky old include() or require() again.
</tip>