[thelist] [OT] Adobe certification

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Jun 28 09:28:10 CDT 2005

Message from Dan CRACIUN (6/28/2005 04:51 AM)

>I am considering taking the exams for a Photoshop/Illustrator ACE. In your
>experience, do these increase the likelihood of finding a decent-pay part
>time job? Or they are simply some pieces of paper that no one takes seriously?

Anecdotally, I've seen a guy on the photo.net forums making much of his
Photoshop certifications and how he knows every single thing about the
program and blah blah blah, and talking about this blurring algorithm and
that cloning method. No one really paid him much attention. The general
response was 'Ok you know everything there is to know about Photoshop. But
do you have an ounce of creativity in you?'

I think Photoshop certifications may be handy not so much where one is
expected to create with Photoshop, but perhaps where one needs to analyse
how (or if) something was done using Photoshop. But that's just personal
speculation on my part.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/