[thelist] HTM emails

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:19:21 CDT 2005

> I am familiar with building html emails populated from a database but I
> don't know the logistics of sending html emails from a networked office
> environment using outlook. I don't really know where to start so if anyone
> can point me to a resource I would be very grateful.

I think what you are after are outlook templates, .oft

http://www.pcplus.co.uk/tutorials/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=5807&subsectionid=785

> HTML emails seem to be becoming the norm and while I can see why they
> appeal, I don't think its a forward step. But that ground's been well
> covered before and I'm just after info.

I've had requests like that before, too, but I still don't see HTML
email as the norm (thank f....). Especially unsolicited, HTML email is
a bad idea, considering spam filters.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com