[thelist] Email address hiding question

David Bailey dab.hand at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jul 1 05:15:05 CDT 2005

Hi Chris,

Sorry! I've been working through each one trying to understand and learn
what each one does as I go‹‹I'm a bit slow :-)

Works like a charm! It's good how it warns the user in the link name on the
site before they click. It prepares them to do something about the address
when they are confronted with the email window. Very good.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not sure about some of the code:

Email: <a class="mail"
href="mailto:Joe.User-spamprotect- at -please-domain-remove-.com?body=this%20em
ail%20was%20spam%20protected%20please%20remove">Joe.User-spamprotect- at -pleas
e-domain-remove-.com</span>

It opens with <a class="mail"... but ends with ...</span>
Is this intentional? Or is it just leftover from existing code? (As I say:
Please excuse my ignorance‹‹I'm trying to pick this all up).

Thanks for the suggestion; it appears to do everything I was looking for.

Regards,
David

> Have you taken a look at my suggestion??? Turn JS on/off to see the
difference.

also: