[thelist] Re: Remote Desktop Client on XP Home?

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Mon Jul 4 12:57:35 CDT 2005

> I've never used VNC before, but after searching I found something
> called [1] Chicken of the VNC, for Mac.  So Chicken of the VNC  installs
> onto my Mac, and then I have to install TightVNC or RealVNC  onto the PC?

Seems to be that way, yes.

> If I install TightVNC or RealVNC onto the PC will that allow me to
> access IE 5, 5.5, and 6 on the PC, from my Mac?  The documentation  for
> all of these apps is not too great from what I can see without
> installing the actual applications.

Yes, I think if you install either VNC on your PC *and* then launch the
server app on the PC you will be able to connect, yes. TightVNC has the
option IIRC to install either server or client software--you will need
only the server software.

 From my experience, the install for TightVNC is a no-brainer and
launching the server app is also more or less a no-brainer. I say just
go ahead and try it--you may find that you don't really need any
documentation for the basic functionality.

Hershel