[thelist] Remote Desktop Client on XP Home?

Jono Young jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Tue Jul 5 09:02:48 CDT 2005

Yes, I am trying to access the browsers on my PC (IE5, 5.5 6, etc.)
from my Mac.  My PC is running XP Home, and my Mac is running
10.4.1.  I have basic knowledge of Windows XP Professional/Home - I
have never owned a PC until now - so it's difficult to get things done.

'Remote Assistance' would not work, see below from the invitation I
sent to myself on my Mac:

Providing help using Remote Assistance
Sometimes the best way to help someone fix a problem is to
demonstrate a solution. Remote Assistance is a convenient way for
someone to connect to a friend's computer (you both must be running
Microsoft Windows XP) in order to walk through a solution together.

I am gathering options, but still have not settled on the best one
yet; here's what I have so far:

1.  RealVNC or TightVNC on the PC, Chicken of the VNC on the Mac
2.  KVM switch
3.  Synergy

I have never used a Remote Desktop Client on Mac or PC, but my
initial understanding was that it was the best way to accomplish my
goal of testing PC browsers from my Mac.  Being able to test the PC
browsers on my Mac is more important (at this point) than how I
accomplish the feat.  I'm just looking to have everything at my
fingertips, all from my Mac.

Thanks for the tips and help this far,
Jono