[thelist] Open and Read file through Web browser - Application running on IIS web server on remote location

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Mon Jul 11 13:24:14 CDT 2005

[snip]
We developed a browser based application and it uses IIS 6.0.

The problem is that we can  not open and read the file through I.E. web
browser from  remote location and file in a jump drive on local matching
where I am using IE.

 The application giving an error saying "Access Denied= Permission"
[/snip]

You have not included enough information for anyone to help you. What is
the name of the file? By browser based app do you mean ASP, PHP, Cold
Fusion, PERL or one of the many others? Is the drive that the
application is on accessible to the web?