[thelist] Photoshop > Colour washout on 'save for web'

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Mon Jul 11 18:20:32 CDT 2005

Hi again Roberto,

thanks for your continued help with this.
 You did presume correctly that I run Windows. One thing that I've noticed is that Adobe Gamma is not present on my machine (I'm running PS7). Is it bundled into PS now?

I know I've used Gamma before (PS 5.5) and it sorted display and colour issues beautifully.

The source image mode was RGB (so that wasn't the issue as has been suggested by Andrew) and  I've switched the source image profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

STILL the colour drops when I save as.. or save for web.

I've posted a screenshot here (so you can see I'm not insane)

http://tinyurl.com/8nn2k
(122Kb JPG)

Thanks,
Paul