[thelist] Ideas

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 02:46:08 CDT 2005

Hi all

Just looking to get some ideas flung at me.  The basics are this:

We've built a client's site using our inhouse CMS system.  The client is
busy adding new content to the site.  The CMS produces XML, which the
presentation layer is transforming into HTML.

Now the problem.  The client wants to have a flash intro showing a book
having it's front cover torn away to reveal the site.  We created a
simple flash splash screen which showed a book having it's front cover
ripping away, and then redirecting to the HTML site, however they're not
happy with that. My only thought at the moment is to have a pure Flash
presentation layer created which will use the CMS produced XML to
display the site.  However I'm not certain how well Flash will display
HTML markup?

I did think about having an iFrame hidden beneath a flash object, which
would then be made visible using javascript, but I didn't know how well
this would work.

I guess a third possibility would be to re-write the page after the
flash movie had run by using Javascript.

Any ideas/feedback gratefully received.

Norman