[thelist] Adding attributes for tags

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at mailporter.net
Tue Jul 12 07:12:42 CDT 2005

Christian Heilmann wrote:
>>See:
>>http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/xmldom/quickref/element_setAttribute.html
>

> That has nothing to do with  _validating custom attributes_ though.
> The above error shows the attributues are already in the markup. An
> own DTD helps validating them:

Thanks Christian.  This is what I was looking for.  A search for "custom
DTS" would have worked better than my fuzzy brain, late in the day ;
searching did.

> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customdtd/
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/scripttriggers/

> If it is worth the hassle is up to you tough :-)

Maybe not but I'll give it a look-see.  Since I use these routines ,
fValidate , on lots of pages and am trying hard to clean up my ( and
others ) code it is worth the try.

Again thanks for the pointer.

Rod
--