[thelist] Adding attributes for tags

raanders at mailporter.net raanders at mailporter.net
Tue Jul 12 13:25:09 CDT 2005

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Thanks Christian.  This is what I was looking for.  A search for "custom
> DTS" would have worked better than my fuzzy brain, late in the day ;
> searching did.

Seems I should watch my fingers closer also. "DTD"!

>> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customdtd/
>> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/scripttriggers/
>
>> If it is worth the hassle is up to you tough :-)
>
> Maybe not but I'll give it a look-see.  Since I use these routines ,
> fValidate , on lots of pages and am trying hard to clean up my ( and
> others ) code it is worth the try.

I have looked it over but get the impression that I won't be able to
validate it using one of web-based valdators.  There is mention of some
other options.

So my question: are there any web-based valdators that will work with a
SYSTEM DOCTYPE PUBLIC?

TIA,
Rod
--