[thelist] javascript select forms

Bernardo Escalona-Espinosa escalonab at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 00:24:36 CDT 2005

Hello list,

Sorry about the lame subjectline, i didn't know what to call it so I
just wrote the keywords.

http://bernsonline.com/new_photos.php

In the above page you can see a little system that I am making to
create new groups or 'categories' in my picture gallery.

The pictures are listed alphabetically, and that is the order in which
they will be sorted in this category also, unless you change their
order (one by one) using the number selector at the top of each one. I
hope I'm making sense so far.

What I want to add is a javascript that will automatically change the
selection in the other selectors (however redundant that might sound)
when the user changes one. In other words, if i want to bump
berns_burbujas.jpg down to number 4, then ile_caritas.jpg which was
number 4 should immediately switch to number zero.

If anyone knows of a script that does something similar please let me
know. I dont need the exact code, but just a place where I can get
some ideas on how I can achieve this with elegance and simplicity.

Thank you

Bernardo Escalona Espinosa
  office: [52 55] 56 22 85 23
  fax:  [52 55] 56 22 88 77