[thelist] XML fragment into DOM

raanders at mailporter.net raanders at mailporter.net
Wed Jul 13 19:47:44 CDT 2005

WOW am I impressed.  I've been getting great answers and best of all I'm
find sources I didn't find with my previous searchs.  Thanks to all.

I now have two applications set and ready to use xmlHTTPRequest to pull
data/responses from scripts on servers.  I'm at the point of getting the
data in the document.
    Since I write the scripts on the server I can return it in any
format I want.  I see four different ways for one script and three of
them for the other.

1. A full XHTML document that is opened in another window,
2. a XML fragment that ( hopefully ) could be stuck right into the
document at the correct place,
3. an Object or the code to create the object and do an eval on that
(?), and lastly
4. some custom data format.

My preference is some ( builtin/loadable? ) function to turn an xml
fragment into part of the DOM.

Suggestions or even better pointers ( my searches -- five pages into a
google search ) didn't help.

Rod
--
---