[thelist] Re: Dreamweaver site (template?)

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Jul 14 00:11:33 CDT 2005

Roger H. wrote:
> Unfortunately, we are still having the same problem, and nothing that we
> change in the template reflects with what the live site shows. So
> frustrating! But again, thanks for all the help folks. We'll keep playing
> with it.

How many pages are you working with?  A typical DW Template site usually
has <50 pages.  Assuming that is true, in your shoes I would go forth
and recreate the site, using SSI/PHP/ASP/etc include files in place of
the template's non-editable areas.  Might be a few extra hours of
drudgery, but in the long run it's more maintainable and less vulnerable
to the occasional DW quirk.  DW and Contribute generally display
includes just fine, btw.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/