[thelist] Use of PNG Graphics

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Sun Jul 17 19:57:13 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Bailey"
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Use of PNG Graphics

: Thanks for the replies. Obviously I'm well out of date!
:
: Shawn:
: It would appear that IEWin still has issues but there is a workaround.
:
: Michael:
: Thanks for the links; most helpful.
:
: Does anyone know of a pure css workaround that is not reliant upon
: javascript or some other scripting language? I've seen one somewhere that
: uses a ms filter. The PNG site has a link that states it is pure css, but
: produces a 404 page.
:
: David
Can't help with the CSS but AFAIK the MS filter solution still requires some
sort of browser sniffing capability, and don't forget there is still an issue
with sites hosted on IIS servers that haven't been "patched" and will still
produce ordure in many non IE browsers because they don't recognise the type, -
one way or another MS will bite you......lol