[thelist] International Payment Gateway

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Jul 18 14:54:43 CDT 2005

Hershel Robinson wrote:
> I am looking for an online payment gateway that can accept credit cards
> from: USA Canada Europe Australia Israel
> as a minimum.

The important thing is not the cards accepted but where the merchant is
located, and what cards your merchant account provider and gateway
support.  Check with them.  Where is the merchant (your client,
presumably) located?  US providers tend to be quite provincial, whereas
providers in the UK and Australia tend to be fairly global.

That said, if you have trouble going that route, WorldPay is probably
your best bet.  They support global card types and currencies - and will
even perform the currency conversion at the time of sale.  However,
their discount rate[0] is higher than most, at something like 4%.

> I am using X-Cart Gold which supports a slew of gateways, and if need
> be, a new one could also be added.

X-Cart supports WorldPay[1].

[0] The per-transaction percentage "discounted" from the amount that
goes into the merchant's bank account.
[1] http://x-cart.com/xcart_features.html#gateways

--
Max Schwanekamp http://www.neptunewebworks.com/