[thelist] ASP support going away?

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Tue Jul 19 13:26:45 CDT 2005

Hi Folks,

One of our infrastructure architects is making a claim that MS
"will not be supporting ASP much longer since they are pushing
.net".

Sounds kinda odd to me ... But is there any truth to that?

(I'm trying to make a claim that moving some of our REALLY
REALLY old-school ASP reports [we're talking ASP 1.0 here
folks - with radio buttons written as VB subroutines instead
of form elements(!) - these boogers are something like 10+ years
old] to a new .net server will take less maintenance effort
to keep them running than rewriting them in a new technology
that we will have to retrain our users in.

Am I relatively on-track ... Or clueless as usual?)

Thanks Much,

RonL.