[thelist] best PHP IDE program?

Collin Davis collin at strombergarchitectural.com
Wed Jul 20 07:59:10 CDT 2005

So far I haven't found a more robust PHP IDE than Zend studio - if anybody
knows of one, please let me know.  Another option you might want to look
into though, just to compare, is ActiveState's Komodo IDE - it goes beyond
just PHP and offers perl/php/python/tcl/xslt features.  Both packages run
about the same regarding price - $300 for solutions like these is a steal.
A couple other either low-cost or free alternatives are:

PHPeclipse
Trustudio

I think you'll find however, that as you use the different ones, Zend is
going to stand out to you.
Cheers,

Collin Davis
Web Architect