[thelist] ASP reference online?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Wed Jul 20 12:49:35 CDT 2005

   Well, in evolt terms, they're two sides of the "hate anything Microsoft" twelve-sided die, but that's neither here nor there.

   VBScript is a scripting language, as you may have surmised from the reference.  ASP (Active Server Pages) is an environment that runs inside the IIS process and allows scripted access to various pieces of the server architecture.  ASP runs on VBScript by default, but you can quickly configure it to JScript as well (I think you can install other scripting engines but I've never tried).

 From: Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com

--- Jeremy Weiss wrote:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/vtoriVBScript.asp

Thanks, that seems to be the same thing as the download Jason suggested. So, I've always been
confused by this but VBScript and ASP - they are the same thing just on different sides of the
coin or what?

Thanks

Tom