[thelist] ASP reference online?

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 19:00:03 CDT 2005

ASP is an environment. It supports writing pages in any language for
which there is a compatible script intepretor. Out of the box, ASP
supports VBScript and JScript, and there are also PerlScript and Rexx
intepretors available. So, basically, you can write your ASP pages in
a number of different languages. Recently the issue of whether "ASP"
supports short-circuiting was canvassed on the list, and depending on
whether you use VBScript or JScript, you could get short-circuit
support.

There are downloadable references for VBScript and JScript on the MS
website. If you want a reference for instrinsic ASP objects (Response,
Request etc). you can find that here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iissdk/html/337d53ca-fe73-4e51-a25d-24f4ee5853a7.asp?frame=true

Cheers
Ken