[thelist] current PHP: PEAR, etc?

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Jul 21 12:51:52 CDT 2005

Erik Heerlein wrote:
>> I can recommend a dead-tree resource: check out David Sklar's Essential
>> PHP Tools.
> I found his book, "Essential PHP Tools" to be confusing about
> HTML_Quickform though. It was an overview and not too specific, the
> examples I found confusing, I found the web site and PEAR docs to be
> more helpful.

Heh.  I had the opposite experience.  To each his own!  Though there are
some QuickForm elements he does not cover at all - e.g. the autocomplete
 element.  Still, that book is a decent intro to some of the more
ubiquitous PEAR packages, if not exhaustive.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/