[thelist] Setting permissions so localhost can be used by Firefox

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Jul 22 08:22:54 CDT 2005

Michele,

I don't know the answer to this specific question, but I'd like to observe
something.  127.0.0.1 is the loopback address for your computer.  Your NICs
also have IP addresses assigned to them.  If you are attempting to access
the webserver on your local machine, you could also use one of those locally
assigned IP's.  Firefox should have no quarrel in regards to DNS resolution
through the hosts file if you assign a domain name to a local IP address and
then use that domain name to access your webserver through the browser.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/