[thelist] Put emails into database (ASP)

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sun Jul 24 17:12:46 CDT 2005

> So, unless you are setting it up such that every email sent to the
> list has to be sent via a web form, you are probably going to have to
> parse some 'inbox' file.

OK, I think I know what you are saying. If I have understood this correctly
then I think there is a problem. The e-mails come from the charity's account
(wherever that is) but the new site will be on my server. Also, isn't
Mailman a Perl based program, will it work with an ASP site?
I suppose what I imagine is, for example, if an evolt e-mail was sent to my
Rat King account, is there a program I can install on the Rat King site that
will store the e-mail into a database that I can then search through the
subject, author and text?

Or am I gonna have to learn Perl?  :)

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk