[thelist] Put emails into database (ASP)

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 07:46:19 CDT 2005

Hi Kevin

Unfortunately I've only done sockets/POP stuff using ASP.net and as
you're on an NT box that won't be any good to you.  The problem with ASP
is that while you can use the CDONTS library to access SMTP
functionality you can't use it to do POP3 stuff.  So you'll either have
to write your own component, or buy one in.  There are a number
available for free, although I don't know if their licenses will cover
charities.

Here's a good article on 4GuysFromRolla which should help you on your
way (and includes some links to free components).

HTH

Norman