[thelist] dedicated server hosting

Mattias Thorslund mattias at inreach.com
Wed Jul 27 02:26:56 CDT 2005

Hi folks,

Here is "yet another" solicitation for opinions on hosting providers...
Do you know of any reliable hosting provider that can do the following?

What I need:

Linux dedicated server, with some choices as to size, bandwidth etc.
MySQL 4.1
Apache
PHP 4.3

I've already contacted (by email) rackspace.com, 1and1.com, and
hostik.com with the request above, and had no response from any of them,
in 24 hours.  None.  I'm disappointed, and surprised. I thought bad
customer service happened only after you became a customer.

I know that MySQL 4.1 is only available in late-release distributions
that apparently aren't favored by hosting providers, but I'd like to
avoid having to compile MySQL from source, on a remote server (can't
locate RPMs for Fedora Core 2, which is what 1&1 offer).

Any ideas will be much appreciated... Thanks.

/Mattias

--
More views at http://www.thorslund.us