[thelist] easy update facility

Emily Tarrant emily.tarrant at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 27 11:43:02 CDT 2005

Burhan Khalid wrote:

>   Have you looked at some plugins for WP that allow image
> functionality? There are quite a few, with various features.  A good
> place to start would be http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Images

Hi Burhan

Sorry for the delay in replying - having trouble keeping control of my
inbox at the moment. The plugins look really useful. Definitely worth
following up.

> Well, PHP is not that difficult to pick up if you have the basic
> concepts behind client-server (and how the web works) -- and some
> programming experience or familiarity.

No programming experience ... yet, but we've all got to start somewhere,
haven't we?

> I would say skip the book (most are outdated by the time they reach
> your local store) and have a look at websites that are overflowing
> with PHP tutorials.  For a start, you can try
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php

I'm having a bash with the book at the moment and getting on ok with it.
I've bookmarked the tutorials you've mentioned and will definitely have
a look at them. Maybe finish the book first, so I don't get too bogged down.

> I'd be happy to help you out if you have any PHP questions :)

Thanks very much - might have to take you up on that sometime :-)

Emily