[thelist] VBScript/ASP string concatenation problem

Pringle, Ron RPringle at aurora-il.org
Wed Jul 27 11:54:15 CDT 2005

I'm using the fileSystemObject to check to see if a PDF file exists. The
path to the file is dynamic, based on a number of fields in the db query.
I'm trying to assign that dynamic path to a variable but am having problems
contatenating.

fsPath= "documents/aldermen/agendas/" &
Year(DetailsRecordSet.Fields.Item("eventDate").Value) & "/" &
Details.RecordSet.Fields.Item("committeeCode").Value &
fncFmtDate((DetailsRecordSet.Fields.Item("eventDate").Value), "%b%d%Y") &
"agd.pdf"

The above returns an Object required: " error.

I understand why its generating the error but not how to properly
contatenate the strings and values together. Any help or pointers to
documentation or how-tos on the web would be greatly appreciated.

Ron