[thelist] Persistent Cookie Script

Rachell Coe rachell at kingestatewinery.com
Wed Jul 27 16:50:45 CDT 2005

Thank you for sending that!  However, with my poor cookie knowledge, I'm not
sure what to do with it.

I'm assuming the 'WM_setCookie' is what downloads the script to the
visitor's hard drive and 'WM_readCookie' is what saves a data file to a
folder I specify.  Is this correct? Why would I want to use 'WM_killCookie'?

Also, I'm not sure what to put for these values: ('name', 'value'[, hours,
'path', 'domain', secure]). Do you know of an example one I could look at?

I'm thinking 'name' is of course the name of the cookie -- can this be
anything I want?

But what am I supposed to put in 'value'?

I want this to be persistent and not have an expiration date, so can I leave
'hours' blank?

Is 'path' the path to the folder I want it to save the data files in?

And I have no idea what to put in 'domain' or 'secure'.

I know these are a lot of questions, but I really want to try and understand
this so I can do it for myself next time.

Thank you so much!!!

Rachell Coe
Webmaster
King Estate Winery