[thelist] Link to cause POST request

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Fri Jul 29 08:15:43 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 05:48:41AM -0700, klute wrote:
> Is it possible to have a form whose submit is invoked
> by pressing on a link? I know I could <input
> type="image" name="submit"... and convert the link
> into image to achieve this result but was looking for
> a cleaner solution that does not involves images or
> submit buttons to generate a POST request. Perhaps
> this can be done with JavaScript?

You can do it with JavaScript like so:

<form name="myform" action="myscript.php" method="post">
</form>

When you click on the link, it should submit the form (basically
whenever you want to submit the form, use document.formname.submit();,
in case you want it to work for mouseover events or image clicks).

Paul

--
Rogue Tory
http://www.roguetory.org.uk