[thelist] Anyone used Visual Web Developer 2005 Express?

Casey aspnet at thecrookstons.com
Mon Aug 1 11:12:06 CDT 2005

Wondering if anyone has used Visual Web Dev Express.  I ask because I am
looking for a faster way to develop ASP.NET applications then coding by
hand, and I'm wondering if this is a viable option.  (PLEASE... Dreamweaver
is NOT an option, so let's avoid that discussion.)

My biggest concern is that it boasts:  "Quickly create data-driven Web
applications using the built-in data controls and integrated access to
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express"

That's all fine and dandy, but my clients do not want an Express version of
their DB once in production.  I assume that when a new project is ready to
go into production that I would be able to use a full version of the DB,
correct?

What other potential road blocks may I be looking at?  Or, does anyone else
have suggestions for faster coding options?

Thanks,

Casey