[thelist] JavaScript form validation - do all radio groups havea selection checked?

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Aug 1 13:54:27 CDT 2005

> Is it possible that you are using IE and the "Display a
> notification about
> every script error" is not enabled (Tools->Internet
> Options...->Advanced)

IE? No, I don't think I'd be using IE. Nope. Don't think so.

Okay, I use it for testing once stuff works in FireFox. But, yeah, I
always have the 'show all errors' settings turned on, thanks :)

> There may be an error here:
>
> > 	alert("out of the script")
> > return true
> > }

Why?

> Also, there may be a non-syntactical error here:
>
> > 	myWholeFormArray = document.theForm.elements
> > 	for (a = 0; a < myArray.length; a++
>
> The array you defined is different than the array specified
> in the loop.

d'oh. a lot. thanks. that helped.

so, how 'bout that last alert before the 'return true' - what makes you
think that could throw an error? I've removed it, but I'm curious what
you're thinking. I'm certainly not thinking so I may as well get it
where I can, eh?

thanks for taking the time to look through it.

joel