[thelist] how to stop an ip sending emails?

Daryl Brown daryl at browncowmedia.com.au
Tue Aug 2 17:40:53 CDT 2005

Hi guys,

I'm using a cpanel Linux shared web server.
I am getting those virus emails with attachments coming through to my
catchall email account.  they seem to be coming from just one or two ip
addresses, but they are disguised as coming from my own site.

I've banned the ips using cpanel's 'ban ip', but it hasn't stopped the
emails. I'm using spam assasin, but it doesn't seem to have an ip ban
component, only an email address ban.

How can I stop these attachment emails from downloading (I'm getting over
100 a day)  any suggestions?

Thanks

Daryl Brown
Brown Cow Media