[thelist] question about NetSol registry procedure

JLIST EMAIL JLIST at UNIONINTERACTIVE.COM
Wed Aug 3 14:42:45 CDT 2005

Jeniffer,

A lot of registrars have LOCKED their customers' domains so that
unauthorized transfers can not occur.  The registered owner of that domain
will need to log into NetSol and access the domain details for that domain.
At some point when that domain was registered, the person who registered it
received a userid and password to log into NetSol.  Once logged into NetSol
and access to the account where that domain is registered is obtained, the
domain can then be unlocked.

If you don't immediately see how to unlock it then NetSol will definitely
help you as this is a normal and customary action to perform.   I don't have
any domains at NetSol but I've got over 500 domains at Godaddy and it works
like that over there.  I would have to think the procedure is similar.
There may even be online help showing how to unlock a domain so that it may
be transferred to another owner or another registrar.  In fact, ANY details
which need to be changed may require the domain to be unlocked first.

Hope that helps you!