[thelist] JavaScript variable scope wrong?

Paul Waring paul at xk7.net
Thu Aug 4 04:56:54 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 10:43:51AM +0100, Kowalkowski, Lee (ASPIRE) wrote:
> I'm not sure you will process the readystatechange event until you give the
> browser a chance.  It's could be too busy executing your code.

I thought that might be the case, but either way I spent yesterday
afternoon rewriting the code to make a bit more sense (it was getting
into a right mess) and now it appears to work the way I want. It
displays the data from the relevant XML tags in a nice tree structure
which is what I was aiming for.

Thanks to everyone for the help and pointers.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory
http://www.roguetory.org.uk