[thelist] Javascript game doesn't work in Safari or.. ?

James Hardy evolt at weeb.biz
Mon Aug 8 06:16:56 CDT 2005

Pieter Roosens wrote:

> Can anyone test in other browsers on PC and/or tell me how I can get
> this stuff to work ?

Bad news, the code you are using utilises the old level 0 DOM so is
designed for IE4 and Netscape 4.

IE 5 and 6 are backwardsly compatable with the old IE4 DOM, but no other
current browser implement either of them (newer version of mozilla
partially implement the IE4 model, but not fully)

There is a newer and better way that works with all current browsers,
called the dom level 1 which was standardised by the w3. Basicly the
script will need to be rewritten for this - mostly in the include file
http://www.megaheaven.com/test/puzzle/dynlayer.js

shouldn't be too difficult for someone who knows JS. Pain in the arse
for someone who doesn't :S

--
James Hardy