[thelist] E-mails into database (again!)

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 11:54:27 CDT 2005

> This depends on the format of the "downloaded emails".  Are they
> downloaded
> into Outlook, Thunderbird, or something else?

Actually, although I do receive the e-mails myself, I would rather write a
script thatchecks the mails while still on the server

>> I realise this is probably not the
>> best way to do this, but to my mind it should work.
>
> It's kludgy, but it may.  As others have pointed out, it's better to NOT
> use
> your local machine as a middle-man for archiving the emails.  For old
> emails, though, this may be the only option.

I don't want to archive them on my machine, I want the script to dump the
body of the mail into an Access database on my machine that I can then
upload to the charity's web site every week or so. As I said, not the best
way of dealing with this, but I can't think of a better/affordable way of
doing it.

Kevin Stevens
kjs at ratking.co.uk