[thelist] simple query building question

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Wed Aug 10 14:41:05 CDT 2005

   Linguistic nitpick:  it's not a webmatrix datagrid, it's an ASP.NET datagrid :)

   Are you assigning this property in the tag itself?  I don't think it'll work that way.  Try abstracting this out the Page_Load subroutine, like this:

myDG.SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM MCCIME_Doctor WHERE state = '" & get_state & "' "

   (make sure you remove that extra space inside your concatenated variable value too)

 From: "Casey" aspnet at thecrookstons.com

In a web matrix datagrid, I need a variable WHERE clause.

SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM MCCIME_Doctor WHERE state = 'CA' "

that works fine, but

SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM MCCIME_Doctor WHERE state = ' " & get_state & "
' "

does not work. Not sure if it's because I'm declaring the variable wrong,
of if my syntax is wrong.

 Sub Page_Load(Src As Object, E As EventArgs)
 dim get_state as string = request.querystring("state")
 end sub

"The server tag is not well formed" is the error.