[thelist] ASP.NET displaying data on a page

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Aug 10 19:36:43 CDT 2005

You can store the data anyway you want (probably dataset might be best, since
that can be disconnected from the backend datastore as soon as you have the
information)

When you want to display this stuff, you can assign data from the dataset (or
a datatable in the dataset) to label controls, or literal controls, or
whatever you want

What might be a little more advanced would be to create a User (or Person)
class. That class would have properties, which would be populated by getting
data from a database. You'd assign values to your display controls by
accessing the properties of your object instance.

Cheers
Ken